Even though largely guided tours are still a very popular way of traveling, there is certain discomfort that cannot be denied. If you have ever been on such a tour, you know how annoying it can be to see all the interesting sights from a bus on the move or to have a very limited amount of time to visit a certain place. Not to mention the crowd surrounding you each step of the way.
Fortunately for you, there are ways to improve your traveling experience. For example, if you´re interested in melbourne tours, you´ll have to dig a bit deeper to find an agency with a good reputation to provide you the tour exactly the way you want it. They organize a small and intimate groups of people to visit places that only the locals know about. Even if you like to travel on your own, hiring a private guide can be much of a help to see all the interesting places that otherwise, you would miss. It´s the kind of travel guide who knows the area you´re visiting and doesn´t try to rush you just to get the tour to the end. The question is: why should you choose private over a group tour?
Customizable traveling schedule
With private tours, you have the possibility to find something interesting even if it´s not included in the touring schedule. Your private guide can change the schedule and include similar sights, providing you an individual experience.
Learning about the culture from the locals
Learning about the culture from someone on the inside is probably the most important benefit of hiring private travel guide. A local travel guide knows much more about the local culture, comparing to a standard travel guide. They will also take care of you by ensuring you don´t feel out of place. For example, you´ll have the chance to experience yarra valley wine tour or great ocean road tour if guided by a private local guide.
Insight and security
In some parts of the world, as a foreigner, you won´t feel safe to travel alone and will have some issues when trying to get to some place. Since you want to avoid that, having a local private tour guide negotiating for you is priceless.
When should you hire a private guide?
– If you´re visiting a place, but have very little time, hiring a private tour guide will provide you meaningful experience
– Private guides are also a good choice if you plan to stay longer. You will have the chance to explore the area more deeply, sometimes with a list to explore places on your own.
– If you´re visiting a location that´s known for a bad reputation. To avoid troubles and tough spots, always hire a private guide to keep you safe from any unpredictable or dangerous occasions.
– If you´re visiting a popular location. A private guide is going to show you tricks to get the best out of the traveling experience.
– When you want to avoid hassle with logistics. Obtaining tickets, taking care of reservations and figuring out other details is much easier if you pay for an experienced guide to do these things for you.